Do you want to use a car during your trip to Europe or Asia without the hassle of trucking your own vehicle overseas? Consider renting a car. It's a great opportunity to use a late-model automobile and go everywhere you want. Renting a car abroad is quite a simple process. There are a lot of local and international car hire companies that will help you cruise around the country. Just find the most suitable rates and use your plastic to make a deposit. It will save your time and money: car rental companies heavily favor customers who use credit cards.
If you are planning to rent a car for a family or business trip, make sure that you have a credit card handy. Car hire companies require a large deposit because vehicles are expensive. Credit cards typically have large spending limit that will cover any additional costs if the car is damaged or stolen, while debit cards and cash may fall short.
There are several basic rules that you need to know while renting a car online. They will help you organize a stress-free and enjoyable trip!
- Look for a reliable company. Renting a car is similar to finding an appropriate hotel room. Nobody wants to stay in a remote part of town in a room with a broken toilet! Pay attention to Hertz, Avis, Budget - they are reputable international companies worth looking into.
- You can save money using credit card with rewards. Some companies offer their customers redeem miles for car rentals.
- Book early, especially if you are going to a popular place during peak travel time. If you want to fatten your savings, consider taking your trip in the middle of the week. Weekend rates are typically higher than rates on other days of the week.
- Ask whether or not you need an international driver's license for your car rental. Some companies may require you to have this. If you need an international driver's license, you can get it at any Triple A location with your American driver's license.
- Some credit companies automatically give you free insurance for your rental car. Call your issuer to find out if your plastic provides this option. Don't pay double for car rental insurance!
- The car rental company must send you reservation confirmation by fax or e-mail. This way you can verify that all information is correct, including your special requests. Pay attention to the cancellation policy and no-show penalties.
- If you don't cancel the rental by the predetermined time, the car hire company may charge you no-show penalties. Typically, it is one day's rental plus taxes.
- If the car rental company makes charges from your plastic, they will appear on your expense statement. If you don't agree with some charges, contact the merchant. Your bank may also help you solve the problem.
- Make notes of any scratches and dents that you see on your rental car before driving it. Show the damage to an agent and take a picture if possible. It will help you avoid paying for somebody else's mistakes when you return the vehicle.
- Don't drop off your car at the last minute. You need to have enough time for inspection. Otherwise it may be difficult to prove that there were no scratches when you returned the vehicle.
Beneficial Rewards Programs of Business Credit Cards
Rewards Credit Cards That Lower Your Grocery Bill
Hot Credit Cards for Summer Vacations